Monday, March 8, 2010

Tour to Panorama Hill, Sungai Lembing


My tour to Panorama hill is just an unintentional. When I saw one of a blog showing a beautiful view of the hill during sunrise, it’s really grasp me which I plan to go there to see an amazing view of the Panorama hill on my own eye, even though I’m not a hiking person. So I plan to buy a Canon SLR compact camera just to take a good photo once I was on top of the hill. Panorama hill located at Sungai Lembing town, 40 km from Kuantan town. From the Sg Lembing entrance it takes about 5 minutes which is behind the SMK Sg. Lembing. To go here actually you have to be early in the morning if you want to view beautiful sunrise scenery. Some of the hikers climb as early 5 am. The journey takes 45 minutes to 1 hour to reach on top of the hill.


The tracks is very convenience where you just follow the staircase made from concrete, yet I saw some of them wearing high heels (maybe they are local) to climb the hill. While I was climbing, I did saw blind men on the way down from the hill. We when there with three of my research project students. We are suppose to reach there at 6.30 am unfortunately one of my student (a driver) overslept cause us reach there at 7.15am. Even though it’s really disappoint me, but it’s ok, I manage to reach on top of the hill at 8.10 am. The weather on that day is not so good so you cannot see a good view of sunrise. However thanks to my students Fiqri, Rao & CT who assists me in hiking the Panorama hill.

this is one of the track before you reach another 10 meters to the uphill
the peak view of Panorama Hill

view of cloudy Mount Tapis (1512m)

The view of Kenau & Kuantan River from Panorama hill was the only mode of transport during tin mining activities in early 1900









Beautiful flora & fauna maybe as not as amazing as Taman Negara but you will really appreciate it

2 comments:

  1. wahhh.. kak kurshi pasni leh join sy la panjat gunung. huhuhu!!!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. kalau saya panjat gunung, mungkin saya orang paling akhir akan sampai ke kemuncak.ha..ha..

    ReplyDelete